CaringSG’s First Ever Purple Parade!
This year’s Purple Parade was held on 29 October 2022 at Suntec City to support inclusion and celebrate the abilities of persons with disabilities. 2022 marks the 10th anniversary for the Purple Parade, and the first time that CaringSG has participated in this event!
In the lead up to the Purple Parade, CaringSG held an online slogan quest for our members with two categories:
- Category 1: non-caregiver members can create their own short slogans to encourage caregivers
- Category 2: caregiver members can share their self-declared phrase that has always inspired them to remain motivated despite their challenges.
The contest ran until 30 November 2022. Scroll to the bottom of this article to see the winning slogans!
On the actual day of the Purple Parade, CaringSG members who dropped by the CaringSG booth and flashed their eCard were able to redeem limited edition free gifts (tote bag for caregiver members and a CaringSG badge for non-caregiver members).
Members as well as the public could also purchase specially made handicrafts to support the caregivers and youths of CAREcottage families (see their beautiful handicrafts here).
The highlight of the Purple Parade was the marching of contingents where participants marched together to show solidarity for persons with disabilities. CaringSG, together with Centre for Fathering, formed a strong marching contingent of 88 participants. Everyone was really happy and proud to be part of this meaningful event.
The Purple Parade was supported by five CAREkakis, nine CaringSG staff and twenty-two volunteers. A loud shoutout and thank you to our partners (Enabling Lives Initiative Grant by SG Enable and Tote Board, and Temasek Foundation) who made this meaningful event possible.
Congratulations to the following winners of our slogan quest!
We are greatly inspired by each and every one of your slogans and would like to announce the winners below:
- CaringSG Online Slogan Quest Winner (Category 1): “All trials have an expiry date!” by Ms Tay
- CaringSG Online Slogan Quest Winner (Category 2): “You make a world of difference!” by Low Li Ting
We also hope these notable slogan submissions will bring warmth to your day:
- “Together, We Can!” by Amir Yunus
- “Laugh more, open your heart, and take each day as it comes” by Ernest
- “Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.” by Lim Sook Wei
- “There is always light at every tunnel ahead.” by Ng Tiong Hui
- “Appreciate progress, no matter how small!!” by Poornima Rajaram
- “Care and Compassion in Community makes us stronger” by Timothy Wong
- “Mom is the best teacher for your own son! Love yourself, family first before you can love others” by Vivien Tanaka
- “Open our heart to listen, to act.” by Wong KK
- “Be brave, be persistent, be fun. Never give up! Yes, you can!” by Yuria Tantono
Many caregivers have had our fair shares of emotional coaster rides. A simple act of joining a mother’s network group opened my eyes.
MindChamps Allied Care Group Pledges 20% of Net Profits to CaringSG: Empowering Communities through Philanthropy
In a significant step towards supporting special needs caregivers and their families, MindChamps Allied Care Group has announced it will donate 20% of the company’s net profits to CaringSG.
“Only we ourselves, can be the writer of the lives we choose to live by. As a special needs caregiver, I choose to embrace it with an open mind and a willing heart.”
CaringSG members can enjoy discounted rates at Kaleidoscope Therapy Centre for selected therapies and early intervention.
Let’s not forget that what we do is extraordinary. Every single day, we make a significant difference in someone else’s life. No act of love, no matter how small, ever goes unnoticed.
When our CaringSG CAREwell Keyworker, Lee Xiuhua, first met the Teys at their home, they were overwhelmed with their son’s, Ryan’s, behaviour and worried about his future.