CaringSG Limited respects your privacy and assures that your personal data will be kept securely according to PDPA.
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which CaringSG Limited (“we, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our prospective service users, service users, service users’ authorised representative, volunteers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
Collection, use, disclosure or otherwise processing of personal data of our service users on behalf of government ministries or statutory boards will be in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. CaringSG Limited will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
- As used in this Notice:
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual (whether a prospective service users, service users, service users’ authorised representative, volunteers or otherwise) who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, contact information such as residential address, email address or telephone number, nationality and medical history.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- establishing or managing your relationship with us. This includes:
- Where you are a prospective service user,
- processing and evaluating your application for our services
- Where you are a service user,
- providing the services/therapy that we arrange for your child requested by you
- any other services provided to your child and/or your family
- social work assistance we provide to your child and /or your family
- monitoring, evaluating and/or auditing of services provided. This may include an assessment of the quality of the services provided and the effects of the services provided (both in the short and long term, and after you have stopped using the services);
- research related to your personal circumstances or services you used, in particular, for our research entitled (Insert Title of Research Project). We will notify you and obtain your written consent before using your personal data for any specific research project, unless otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other legislation;
- Therapies that CaringSG will arrange for applicant’s family; and
- Participation of CaringSG events.
- Where you are a service user’s authorised representative
- processing and evaluating the service user’s application for our services
- Where you are a volunteer,
- processing and evaluating your suitability to volunteer;
- monitoring, evaluating and/or auditing of services you participated in; and
- Allocation of volunteer’s services based on their locations.
- providing you with information on our upcoming events or activities, where you have specifically requested to receive such information;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for, or in connection with, the provision of the services requested by you;
- to third party service providers, agents and other partnered organisations we have engaged to perform any of the purposes listed in clause 5 above for us;
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules or requests by public agencies, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations; and
- any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to, or where necessary to undertake any action requested by you.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us ) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you)
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorised representative in writing. You or your authorised representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you are unable to submit your request in writing or if you require any assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in the manner described in clause 8
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you require assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within ten (10) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, and usage of one time password(otp)/2 factor authentication (2fa)/multi-factor authentication (mfa) to secure access.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Chris Lim
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
By subscribing, you hereby give your acknowledgement and consent to CaringSG Limited to use your personal data for the aforesaid purposes and services listed above.
In the event that you have registered Singapore telephone numbers(s) with the Do Not Call Registry and wish to withhold or withdraw my consent to CaringSG in respect of receiving telephone calls and/or SMS, you will endeavour to provide sufficient notice (10 business days) to CaringSG Limited of such as soon as reasonably practicable. You further agree to indemnify CaringSG against any financial penalties imposed by the Personal Data Protection Commission or any court of law in Singapore as a direct or indirect result of my failure to inform CaringSG of my registration with the Do Not Call Registry. You also agree that my consent will remain in place until my withdrawal by officially notifying CaringSG in writing or email to email@example.com.
Volunteer Confidentiality Clause
Volunteers with CaringSG acknowledge that the Confidential Information shall at all times remain the property of the Company and he/she shall not at any time, during the term of this Agreement or thereafter, except in the course of his/her duties under this Agreement and in furtherance of the business of the Company:
- Directly or indirectly make use of, disclose or communicate or permit the disclosure or communication to any person any of the Confidential Information; or
- Copy or reproduce in any form or by any media or device (or permit others to copy or reproduce) documents, tapes or other material containing or referring to Confidential Information.
The CaringSG volunteer shall indemnify and keep indemnified and hold harmless the Company against all losses, damages, costs or expenses which the Company may incur as a result of any unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information by the CaringSG volunteer.
“Company” shall include the Company and all of its direct and indirect subsidiaries and any predecessors of the Company, and “Confidential Information” shall include but not be limited to all information or material that is in the possession of the Company and which relates in any way to the business of the Company, its officers, directors, trainees and beneficiaries. Confidential information shall also include any other information or material that has any commercial value whatsoever or benefit to the business of the Company. For the avoidance of any doubt, such Confidential Information can be either in written, oral or visual form including without limitation (documents, devices and computer readable media) and all copies thereof.
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Company and the CaringSG volunteer prior to this Agreement, the CaringSG volunteer shall assign to the Company any intellectual property rights:
- Created in the course and scope of his or her Services; or
- Created by making use of the Company’s resources.
The Company will own the intellectual property rights in all course materials created by the CaringSG volunteer during the course of this Agreement, unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing.
The Person shall not assign or transfer voluntarily or involuntarily any of its rights, duties, or obligations under this contract without the express written consent of the Company in each instance.
The person shall at all times refer to the Company in terms that further its organizational objectives and goals. The person shall not refer to Company in a manner that damages Company’s position in the marketplace.
The CaringSG volunteer shall act in the best interests of the Company and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and beneficiaries from and against all bad repute regardless of nature or type arising out of or resulting from the person performance of services under this Agreement, or any negligent or wrongful act or omission of the person.
CaringSG Limited is committed to supporting our staff and volunteers to ensure a safe workplace environment in all ways possible. We would like to remind members of the public to treat our staff with dignity and respect, and that we have a zero-tolerance policy for any form of abuse. All complaints of harassment will be taken seriously and treated with respect and in confidence. We thank you for your understanding.